Monday, November 24, 2008

The Way of the Rack


Just about every (half decent) gym in the world has a power rack. Although it is becoming more common place for the powder puff, big box store gyms to not have a rack, it pretty much is a staple all around the world to have a power rack.


A good or great weight room is built around a good or great power rack.


I always think of the rack as the place where great strength is built. Without the rack, where would one squat, perform Good Mornings and Rack pulls?


Yes I am aware that one can always improvise to get the job done without a rack. I have improvised many times. I even built a pair of olympic style squat stands so I could get more done in my small gym if the rack was occupied.


When the rack is occupied...........


It better not be for barbell curls. Lets just leave it at that. This rant has been beat to death so I will leave it alone today.


Honor thy Rack, Love Thy Rack.



When I walk into any gym, when I see a beat up rack with the paint worn clean off, I know I'm in the right place. These are the places where strength is built.

No comments: