Thursday, November 27, 2008

Prowler Playoffs


So now that we have a good 4 inches of snow all over the place, (I think it sucks and I don't care how much you spent on that new Snow mobile) our prowler season has come to an end. It's very unfourtunate that we dragged the regular season out too long and didn't get a chance to have a true playoff season.


I'm sure some of the crew was temporarily relieved by the coming of the snow and the end to our prowler sessions. Especially Dirty Frank, who's broken schedule had him coming back to more plates on the prowler after every layoff he took. We eventually worked up to 3 plates per horn on the prowler and were getting pretty good at double ups with that weight.



We will now be focusing our attention to the rower. The anxiety is still there when I look at that long, slender bastard. 500 meters has been our standard. I look forward to working back up to 3 500's at the end of each training session, as one has been kicking me in the guts lately.


It's going to be a long winter.


To make sure we can crown a true prowler cup champion at the end of next season, I've already laid out the playoff schedule for 2009.


I already miss that scraping sound, but not the nausea, pounding head, dizzyness, stupids and massive prowler hang-overs.



2 comments:

Curd Hos Bench Freak said...

Long Live the Prowler

Curd
Benchfreak.com

Paul Vaillancourt said...

Yes the prowler is the king of all conditioning tools.

It will peel the fat off any body so fast you'll be shopping for new clothes in your little sisters pajamas.