Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How to "Make time"


I've always felt pretty strongly that if you don't have time to do something, then it simply isn't as important to you as you may think.


I got asked again yesterday, how I ever find time to train.


My answer is always the same. "I make time, because training is most important to me."


So here's my big tip on making more time to train. (or do anything productive for that matter)


I've said it before and I'm sticking to my guns here. Turn off the fucking TV.


How many hours of TV do you watch per night? Per week? Be honest with yourself. Lying about your bad habits doesn't affect me any.


What's more important? Watching your favourite show or losing that spare tire around your waist?


My living room is probably pretty dusty, and the $20 yard sale TV I bought in 2001 is still not hooked up to any cable or satellite.


Take a little pride in your training and just say no to that show. After a month you won't even miss it.


Reaching greatness (or just not fatness), requires great sacrifice. Just think about how you could benefit from getting rid of your entertainment equipment.


Pawn your $10,000 worth of TV and Surround bullshit. That could be spent on a lifetime gym membership, personal training and nutritionist. For that kind of coin you could have me move into your house and cook your meals.


The $50-$70 per month you spend with your digital cable provider can be spent on good food, supplements and some regular massage therapy appointments.


No comments: