Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Breakfast Slayer

I am still not giving into the whole twitter fad. I've been advised from a business standpoint, that it's a great way to build relationships and contacts. This I can respect, but I know for sure it would just turn into another shit show of constantly trying to keep up.

This morning while I was making my breakfast, I was pondering what I would post up if I was a part of the twitter community. This was a "come and go" thought that really didn't mean jack shit, but it did inspire me to share with my readers here what I have for breakfast.

On Mon, Wed, and Friday mornings I drink a breakfast shake. The exact recipe has been a work in progress for many months now, but I think I finally have it nailed down.

Here's the recipe;

In a blender,
4 ice cubes
1 cup of liquid egg whites
1 cup of dry oats
some splenda (how much depends on how afraid of artificial sweeteners you are)
2 scoops of Chocolate Whey Fusion
a double shot of espresso (or coffee)
(very important that it is brewed, I used to just put the ground coffee in and that sucked)
1/2 cup of cold water

Blend until smooth

It's a big shake. It is very filling and the espresso gets you going eary in the morning.

(Disclaimer: if you are on a diet to lose fat, this shake may not conform to your programing. If you are creative you can adjust the measures to better reflect the macro nutrient needs of your diet. I will not be held responsible for your retarded behaviour at work due to being jacked up on espresso)

On the drive to work today I also came up with a name for this chocolatey brown bastard of a meal.

"The Breakfast Slayer"

This is the last song I heard on my drive to the office today.
Crank up the speakers and listen to the opening drum track just as it picks up.


This video is a good depiction of what's going on in your belly after you guzz-zizzle a breakfast slayer

No comments: