Monday, May 25, 2009

Deload Week

This week is a deload week. But not for me.
Its a deload for my wife Sarah and one of my training partners (Shane). They are both lifting at the CPO nationals this weekend in Toronto.

Sarah will be lifting Raw. (meaning without supportive equipment) Just a belt. She's not the only one pumped about a raw meet. Her lifting raw means a pretty easy day for me. Her numbers should be pretty good. I believe her planned openers are:
Squat 245lbs
Bench 165lbs
Dead 315lbs

Shane is not lifting raw. He'll be wrapped up tight in polyester pajamas that are thick enough to support an elephant heard. This is going to be a huge meet for him. He needs to get a good pro total so he can hopefully move onto bigger and further away places in the powerlifting world.
I'm not sure on his openers but I think they are in the neighborhood of:
Squat 800ish
Bench 600ish
Dead 600ish

Either way, its gonna be a pretty good meet. Its a different federation than we are used to. The rules are different. The rules are more conducive to lifting big numbers. I'm looking forward to seeing both our lifters smash some big weights.

No comments: